Friday, January 2, 2009

!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Happy New Year to everyone!!! I feel so happy about the arrival of 2009. Saying good-bye to 2008 was very easy for me. New beginnings and all that stuff are just what I need. We are about to have a new president that hopefully will undo this economic mess, pull our troops out of Iraq and eventually out of Afghanistan and not allow the US to be pulled into the war with Israel and Hamas.

I spent my New Years doing what has become a tradition for me, watching the Twilight Zone on the Sci-Fi Channel. I never get enough of this show. I saw three episodes that I had never seen before; that was a real treat. This surely tells my age, but I grew up on the Twilight Zone and it certainly helped to shape my interests. I admit to being in love with Rod Serling, even though I was a wee little girl, I just loved his style. He was the epitome of cool. I'm looking for the Twilight Zone theme song to download as a ringtone for my cell phone. My son says the music creeps him out.

This year I decided not to make any resolutions. I've made them all before and they seem to happen in their own time, not necessarily in the year proposed. This year I decided to set goals instead. Specific yet attainable goals. Things I need to accomplish this year rather than changing things about myself. I finally love myself the way I am, not perfect but lovable.

A special thank you and Happy New Year to my blog followers. I will be announcing a new contest very soon.

No comments: